Using Twitter


Yesterday @timmybrister used Twitter in an awesome way (not the first time) and I thought I'd share it.

It all started with the question "So what is your position on forgiveness? Is it unconditional or conditioned upon the repentance of the offender?"  It was actually a question my wife and I talked about the other day because of the Sunday School class she was in.

I thought about counting all the replies that he got, but instead I decided I don't want to.  He did get a lot of replies.  Some replies had Scripture in them, others had opinions and still others admitted that they were not sure.  I am not going to get into what I think, I just wanted to show an example of how a simple program like Twitter can be used to stir up thought and teach good doctrines.  It doesn't always have to be used to let the world know you are brushing your teeth.  Not that you should not use Twitter that way, because that is what makes it fun.  But it is also nice to see some deep thought go into tweets.

@timmybrister has said that he would put his thoughts together and post them on his blog.  I hope to see it soon.

Follow me @JeStoneIV

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenextweb/ / CC BY-SA 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment