02-18-2010

Here is what is going on around me these days.  The chickens are doing well.  We have five Rhode Island Reds who are about 8 to 10 weeks from laying eggs.  We have battled dogs and raccoons by making the coop and run more secure.  We attached electric wire and filled in weak spots with tougher chicken wire.  Our loss of chickens has been 11.

John boy is learning more and more each day.  We are trying to teach him how to use his potty.  He likes to sit on it every now and then, but he hasn't gotten the timing right yet I guess.  He always asks to sing "Holy" after devotions each night.  That is "Holy Holy Holy".  It is an awesome song, but we want him to learn others.  We sing "Holy Holy Holy", "It Is Well", "The Gospel Song" (as recommended), "The Doxology" and... I think that is all.  You can still add song recommendations in the comments.  OH, we got him a used swing set that is awesome.  It needs some paint and some wood, but it is usable.  I think I have slid down the slide 10 to 15 times and John boy keeps saying "come on".  Good times.  He loves the chickens too.  He holds them when I let him, and they eat out of his hand sometimes, he chases them and says "poke".

Bethany is being the best wife a man can ask for.  Our house is clean and at the perfect tempature, dinner is always ready at the perfect time, she always looks her best which I believe is the best and I couldn't be happier.

We have had at least 3 people call about the motorcycle this week.  Two are probably going to show up this weekend and one offered to buy it but at a lot less than I would like to sell it.

Now I'm listening to Backyard Poultry with the Chicken Whisper on Blog Talk Radio.  It's interesting.


Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidkineugene/ / CC BY 2.0
iGive Founders

No comments:

Post a Comment